Pet Poison Helpline
If you believe your pet has eaten something poisonous...
...call your veterinarian or Pet Poison Helpline at 800-213-6680 for help immediately! The sooner an animal poisoning is diagnosed, the easier, less expensive, and safer it is for treatment. PLEASE NOTE: Pet Poison Helpline charges a $35 per pet incident fee.
What to do if your dog or cat is poisoned:
- Remove your pet from the area.
- Check to make sure your pet is safe: breathing and acting normally.
- Do NOT give any home antidotes.
- Do NOT induce vomiting without consulting a vet or Pet Poison Helpline.
- Call your veterinarian or after hours pet care facility
- Call Pet Poison Helpline at 800-213-6680.
- (The Village Vets-Decatur 24 Hr. Hospital: 404.371.0111).
Go to: www.petpoisonhelpline.com for more information.